Discussion Questions for My Lovely Wife
1. What is your first impression of the narrator? Of Millicent?
2. How would you describe their marriage? Do you relate to it at all?
3. What's your first impression of their children, Rory and Jenna?
4. What was the first surprise in the story? Did it change your feelings about Millicent and/or her husband?
5. Who, if anyone, did you root for in the book? Did that change at any point?
6. What scenes did you most relate to, if any? Are there any conversations you have had with your own spouse?
7. The media has a large role in the story. How does it compare to your own life? What role does the media play, if any?
8. Are Andy and Trista real friends? If not, how would you categorize them?
9. What are your thoughts about Kekona? What role does she play in the narrator's life
10. Do you consider the narrator unreliable? Why or why not?
11. Were you satisfied by the ending? Did it change anything for you?
Discussion Questions for He Started It
What was your initial opinion of Beth, Portia and Eddie? How did it change throughout the book?
Would you go on a cross-country road trip with your family for an inheritance? How much money would it take?
When you first read the journal entries, what did you think of them?
Who was your favorite sibling? Least favorite?
What was the most interesting site they visited to you? Are there any you would like to see?
Why do you think Grandpa took them on the road trip when they were kids?
Who would you have sided with: Grandpa or Nikki?
Did you think Nikki was going to return alive after 20 years? Why or why not?
Who did you think was in the van? Were you right?
Why do you think the book ended where it did?